WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those people involved in developing, or exploring change to, their business structure.
Registration is open to Wirra Hub clients or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.
• Key factors in evaluating the best structure for your business
• Different business structures and how they work
HOW COMPANIES WORK/SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT
• Governance; the Shareholder and Director relationship
• Creating a Shareholders Agreement
HOW PARTNERSHIPS WORK/PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
• Is a partnership structure the best for your business?
• Defining partnerships
• Default partnership rules
• Importance of a Partnership Agreement
• Contents of a Partnership Agreement – inputs; outputs; decision-making; equities; property; dealing with changes; non-competition clause; expulsion; winding-up
James Irving is a commercial lawyer in Perth. He has worked for himself since 2011. Before that he worked in law firms and government departments. He currently advises SME business owners on contracts, company and administrative law issues. He holds LL.B, LL.M and MA degrees, and was admitted to practice in SA, Victoria and New York, USA. He has written e-books for business owners and sees client education as part of his professional work. He was previously a volunteer with the Wirrpanda Foundation after-school program in Kwinana.