0459 271 268
Rob is a Business Coach at the Wirra Hub. He is a Kalkadoon man from Mount Isa in North Western Queensland with more than 25 years of experience in public policy, program development and strategic planning specializing in working with government agencies, charities, community organizations and corporates to improve their results with Indigenous clients and communities.
Rob has spent the last 12 years working with Aboriginal businesses in the civil construction, mining, oil and gas sectors to build their capability. Previously, Rob led a successful public service career having held a number of senior executive roles in government across the portfolio's Health, Education, Housing & Public Works, Mines & Energy, Natural Resources and executive positions on the boards of management for various non-government bodies including Reconciliation Queensland Inc, the Queensland Theatre Company, Chair of Save the Children Fund, and Galang Place Indigenous Counselling Service and was a founding member of the Indigenous Social Workers Association of Australia.
Business Support Services
Rob has been providing governance, risk management and controls advice to businesses for over 30 years. Rob will provide the following services at the Wirra Hub:
- Business Incubation and Start Up support
- Tendering, Prequalification and Contract execution support
- Joint Venture Advice
- Land based Aboriginal enterprises
- Human Resources and Industrial Relations support
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance support
- Business Systems and Processes support
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Certified Trainer with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- International Certifications in Behavioural Assessment
- PRINCE2 Certified Project Management Practitioner
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work
- Inaugural member of CSIRO's National Indigenous Innovation Alliance
- Currently completing a PhD looking at best practice models for supporting Traditional Owners' economic participation in major development projects.